Coconut kale ginger and sweet potato curry soup! This is seriously one of my all time faves. Not only is it packed with tons of nutrients, but it tastes amazing too! Kale, fresh ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, red curry paste, onion, curry power, cumin, and garlic. That combo of flavors has me like ????. Perfect if you need a little bit of detox in your life or just want bowl of damn good soup!
I started making this soup years ago when I having one of my typical “clean out the fridge” nights. Little did I know a random soup experiment would receive raving review at cooking competitions, work, and basically every single person I have introduced it to.
I have turned non-kale lovers onto kale just from this soup. I’m talking people that won’t even go near anything green….yes THOSE people! Could that be you? Your husband? wife? bf/gf? kids? You cat? Your dog? j/k 🙂 If so, you really gotta give this baby a try.
- 1 large bunch of kale, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ tsp. salt (add more if you like)
- 5 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- Sauté onions, garlic, and ginger in a large pot on medium heat.
- Cook down until onions are caramelized and golden brown.
- Add in the sweet potatoes, cumin, curry powder, red curry paste and continue to cook for another 5-8 minutes until potatoes are fully cooked.
- Add in the coconut milk, vegetable stock, chopped kale, salt and pepper.
- Once kale is wilted, remove pot from heat and transfer mixture into a high speed blender.
- Blend in batches and serve with your favorite crunchy garnish.