WHOA nelly!???? Omelette topped with Harissa spiced cauliflower rice, sauted spinach, everything bagel seasoning and Sriracha. Cauliflower rice is my new jamz! Feeling in a bit of a rut with breakfast these days so I decided to get a little crazy in the kitchen today. Boy am I glad that I did because this baby definitely goes down in the books in my plethora of kitchen experiments. Add a little bit of daiya cheese on top and you will be in heaven I’m serious!
Cauliflower rice might just change your life. Just like quinoa, it takes on the flavor of pretty much anything you season it with. Making cauliflower rice from scratch is pretty easy and can be done using a food processor or box grater. Here is a great tutorial which shows you how to make it at home. Although it only a 5 minute process, the amount of cleanup involved when it comes to cauliflower crumbles can be REALLY annoying. Soooooo my friends, I have some good news for you. You can actually buy this stuff in the grocery store! YES! Phew! Unfortunately I can’t tell you all the stores in which you will find it, however I do know that Trader Joes does keep it in stock every once in a while in the frozen section. Consider yourself lucky if you find it and stock up!
Another thing which might change your life is Bagel Spice. All the amazing flavors of an everything bagel in one awesome spice! Being a huge New York bagel fan, I use this stuff on literally everything (no pun intended). The combination of bagel spice with the spinach is pretty stellar if you ask me. Then you got that squirt of Sriracha mixed in there which just takes it all to a whole new level. Crazy ingredients = crazy good!
I’ll be experimenting with more creative breakfast ideas over the next few weeks. Stay tuned to see what crazy (but delicious!) stuff I come up with.
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup cauliflower rice
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ½ teaspoon harissa spice
- olive oil for sautéing
- salt to taste
- optional: bagel spice and sriracha
- Prepare omelette as you normally would and remove from pan
- Add cauliflower rice and harissa spice. Saute "rice" in olive oil for a few minutes until crispy.
- Remove "rice" from pan and spread it on top of your omelette
- Add spinach to pan with a little bit of olive oil and cook until wilted
- Remove spinach from pan and place on top of "rice"
- Add a sprinkle of salt (optional)
- Add a sprinkle of bagel spice (optional)
- Add a squirt of sriracha (optional)