Peanut buttah jelly time. Happy hump day! Homemade strawberry chia seed jam ????, fresh ground honey roasted peanut butter, and Greek yogurt. Ain’t nobody got time for bread ????????. This is the perfect protein-packed breakfast when you are trying to say clear of those carbs and refined sugars.
Have I told you how much I love fresh ground honey roasted peanut butter?! This stuff is SO good. What could be better than honey roasted peanuts in peanut butter form?! I discovered it at Whole Foods a few years ago and recently discovered that Mom’s Organic Market has it too. You grind the peanuts yourself…with a push of a button….as much or as little as you want. Doesn’t get much fresher than that! Sweet and salty has always been my jam which is probably why I’ve been hooked on this stuff. So good with apples, in smoothies or if you are like me….enjoy it straight up – by the spoonful!
Today I used this store bought greek yogurt because I love the extra protein, however, if you want to make this entire bowl preservative free you could try making it with my homemade yogurt which you can find the recipe for here!
Now onto the chia seed jam! Chia is like the new kale. Kale is way cool…so don’t you want to be cool? Cool. Packed with tons of fiber, healthy fats, and protein. These tiny little seeds go a long way when it comes to your health. You will be surprised how easily you can incorporate chia seeds into your everyday foods. Sprinkle some in your yogurt, smoothies, baked good, or salads. This 4 ingredient chia seed jam is the easiest thing to make and only takes 10 minutes! If strawberry jam is not your thing then you can replace the strawberries with any fruit. Spread this goodness over toast, baked goods, or smoothie bowls. Try it out and let me know what you think!
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 Tbs. honey or maple syrup
- 2-3 Tbs. chia seeds
- 1.5 Tbs lemon juice
- Place strawberries in a bowl and mash them up with a spoon or potato masher. Mash to a consistency of your liking. Only mash slightly if you like your jam a little chunky, otherwise mash mash mash away!
- Transfer strawberry mash to a saucepan and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes. The fruit should break down and become almost syrup like over time.
- Once all the fruit is broken down, turn off the heat and stir in in the honey/maple syrup, lemon juice, and chia seeds. The jam will thicken up over time but if you like it extra thick then add in more chia seeds.
- Allow the jam to cool.
jamhas fully cooled remove it from saucepan and place into a glass storage container with a lid. Mason jars work best for this!
- Place jam in the refrigerator for a few hours as it will thicken