Winding down with some smooth jazz and going nuts over these spicy homemade rosemary and cayenne almonds. I have been making these for years and they are always such a hit when it comes to parties, car rides, game days, and more. The greatest thing is that you only need a few simple ingredients.
I used to love all those flavored blue diamond almonds that you see the grocery store. After spending fortunes on those nuts and getting a little bored of their flavors I decided it was time to get to work and be my own blue diamond. Only there really is no work in these!
Try mixing and matching you own herbs and spices and you may come up with something pretty tasty. Just make sure you share with me so I can try out your nut recipe.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ½ rosemary sprig (chopped)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¾ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Be sure the almonds are fully coated.
- Spread evenly on parchment paper or direct on a greased pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes until crispy.
- Serve warm or store in a air tight container.