When your Sunday night power bowl leftovers turn into amazing Tuesday night tacos! ???? Kale, mushroom, vegan chorizo, brown rice, barley and daiya cheese over some pretty Boston lettuce and low carb high fiber tortillas. On Sunday I made the power bowl pictured below and had tons of leftovers so I thought why not make tacos?!
As a vegetarian there aren’t many restaurant options out there when it comes to taco fillings besides….well…beans 🙁 Don’t get me wrong, I love refried and black beans but sometimes they are too heavy when it comes to Mexican food. When they stuff the hell out of your tacos with a ton of bland beans it can take away from the flavor of your food and just plain give you gas! (gross) I freaking LOVE tacos and these are pretty money so try them out and let me know what you think!
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 package sliced portobello mushrooms
- 1 package Trader Joes Soy Chorizo
- 1 pouch Trader Joes Rice Medley
- 1 package Trader Joes low carb high fiber tortillas
- 1 head Boston Lettuce
- 1 package vegan daiya cheese or a regular Mexican blend
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ to ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Prepare one pouch of rice according to instructions.
- Sauté soy chorizo until slightly crispy and remove from pan.
- Sauté kale and mushroom to your desired consistency. Try not to over cook your kale (I like mine to be a little crunchy).
- Add cooked rice, chorizo, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and salt if needed.
- Mix all cooked ingredients together well, remove from heat and let cool.
- Place one leaf of boston lettuce on each tortilla.
- Add a few spoons mixture on each lettuce leaf.
- Top with cheese and salsa of you choice.