Tofu and Sriracha Lime Cashew Lettuce Wraps! Serve with a squeeze of lime or with your favorite peanut sauce….in my case…Sriracha peanut sauce.????????????
I think P.F. Changs lettuce wraps were pretty iconic and memorable for most people back in the day. Well I shouldn’t say back in the day because i’m sure there are people that still go there 🙂 I’m not going to lie, I loved their vegetarian tofu lettuce wraps! However once I quickly found out how much sodium is in their food I vowed never to go there again. Did you know that their lettuce wraps contain almost 2,500mg of sodium???!! That’s almost two days worth of sodium intake in just ONE dish!
Thanks when I realized that I have to make a version of my own. Asian food in general is always going to contain a decent amount of sodium but at least when you make it at home you know it’s MUCH MUCH less!
This recipe is pretty simple and allows you to indulge in your Chinese food without feeling so guilty . I think I need to end this blog post now because i’m getting hungry again just looking at these. NOMZ
- 1 package extra firm tofu (firmness is KEY)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 head romain lettuce
- ½ cup whole raw cashews
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2.5 Tbs Hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbs Sriracha sauce (add more if you like it spicy!)
- 2 tsp Tamari
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1.5 tsp olive oil
- 1 lime
- green onions for garnish
- lettuce leaves (Boston or Romain)
- Open tofu and remove all water. Press between paper towels to remove as much water as you possibly can. The more firm the better this turns out.
- Cut tofu into tiny cubes.
- Saute in a pan with 1 teaspoon of olive oil for about 15-20 mins on medium heat until crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add ½ tsp oil to the pan followed by the chopped onions and garlic.
- Cook for about 5 mins on low to medium heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (sauces and cashews) and add in the tofu which has been sitting aside.
- Make sure all the tofu and cashews are coated well and top with green onions.
- Serve with lettuce leaves and make sure to squeeze a little bit of fresh lime juice on top of each one.