Fall is here people! ???? Which means it’s time to make the first batch of my ULTIMATE VEGGIE CHILI! I have been making this for years and can tell you that it is a huge crowd pleaser across all types from carnivores to vegans. I can smell it now…Mushrooms, onions, peppers, bulgur, kidney beans, black beans, scallions, Beyond Meat plant based vegan protein “beef” crumbles, and tons of spicy, smokey and savory spices like smoked paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic, and hickory barbecue. The spices are KEY here as my friend today called it the perfect “symphony of spices”. ????
The best thing about chili is that you can make a huge pot of it and eat it for days! I normally don’t dig that and usually get sick of repeat meals but I will tell you that I never get sick of this chili! Plus the longer it sits, the better it tastes from all the spices marinating. Another plus is that this chili freezes really well so don’t be afraid to stick some in the fridge from the get go. You just can’t go wrong!
This chili is fully vegan and 100% plant based. Not only are you eating clean, but delicious too. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup bulgur
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 package beyond meat “beef” veggie crumbles
32 ounceorganic tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- Olive oil
- 2 Tbs Colgin liquid smoke
- 2 Tbs hickory bbq sauce
- 1 tsp
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1.5 tsp cayenne pepper (I like to use more but adjust to your taste)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
ttspsalt (adjust to taste)
- Optional toppings: Green onions, cheese, sour cream
- Sauté veggie crumbles in olive oil. Remove crumbles from the pot and set aside.
- Add garlic, onions, and bell pepper, and mushrooms sauté on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes until fully cooked.
- Add more olive oil as needed for sautéing.
- Add in black beans, kidney beans, veggie crumbles, and tomato sauce. Cover and let simmer for about 10-15 mins on
low/mediumheat. Stir as needed. If a lot of liquid has been absorbed then add a half cup of water but if not then skip the water.
- Add the bulgur, all spices, liquid smoke, and bbq sauce.
chillisimmer on low heat for another 10 minutes or so until bulgur is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Add optional toppings like cheese, sour cream, and green onions.